1 teaspoon vegetable oil or butter
2/3 cup white basmati rice
1 lime (juice)
1-2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
1. In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
2. Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
3. Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil. **The original recipe calls for 1 cup of water, but I have read reviews that people use 2 and it works well. I used 1 1/2 and I kind of think it could have gone either way. If you like your rice dryer, go with less water; more sticky, go with more.**
4. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
5. Add in the cilantro and fluff rice with a fork.